Protein bars / desserts are a very good way to take a wide range of nutrients in our meals. The benefits of homemade foods are numerous, but the most important of them is that we know what they actually contain.
The “Pumpkin Temptation” protein bars are wonderful for a light snack between the main meals and very suitable for pre-training meals / will fill you with a productive workout. Rich in complex / slow / carbohydrate, fiber, protein, omega-3 and alpha-linolenic (ALA) fatty acids.
The main ingredient in these temptations is the pumpkin! The orange color of the fruit is due to the high amount of carotene / provitamin A /, only 100-120 g pumpkin you can get the necessary daily dose of the vitamin, which gives a very pleasant tan to the skin, and protects it from the cold in the winter months.
Together with B vitamins and vitamin E are an incredible complex of vitamins to improve the health and beauty of our skin, nails and hair. The vitamin C content strengthens the immune system and keeps us from viral diseases.
Pumpkin contains many minerals. With its low sodium and high potassium levels, it is the best natural diuretic (used in renal and cardiovascular diseases). In addition, pumpkin is the fruit containing most iron.
“Pumpkin temptation” is a bouquet of nutrients – proteins, carbohydrates, beneficial fats, vitamins and minerals that strengthen our bodies during the autumn and winter months! Enjoy your meal!
- 400 g boiled pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 2 doses of protein powder
- 100 g oatmeal
- 30 g chia seeds
- 30 g walnuts
- 1/2 grams of coconut sawdust
- The boiled pumpkin amount /400g/ is stirred with a fork until it becomes mashed.
- To the pumpkin puree, add 1 pre-crushed egg and stir until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- In the resulting mixture add: protein powder by choice (in the recipe is used chocolate-flavored whey protein), oats, seeds and walnuts. Stir the mixture well and allow it to stand for 20/30 minutes.
- At the bottom of a small rectangular tray place a baking paper and the mixture is distributed over it to a thickness of 1.5 to 2 cm. The thus distributed mixture is sprinkled with coconut shavings.
- Bake the preheated oven at 150-180 degrees for 45 minutes.
- The baked mixture is then allowed to cool and cut into 9 approximately equal sized bars, each with a nutritional value of 122 calories / Protein: 9.3 grams / Fat: 4.8 grams / Carbohydrates: 11.6 grams.