Science advocates that short bursts of intense workout or exercise can be equally effective and at times more effective compared to longer workout sessions that are usually done with low to moderate effort. And do not worry about not being able to go to the gym for those intense sessions. You will be surprised but often a home gym is more than enough for the achievement of your fitness and weight loss goals. All you need is some free weights and basic exercise equipment, which can yield amazing results, even with home-based workouts. You do not have to get a gym membership to burn unwanted flab and look slim and fit. Sometimes, you will not even require basic equipment to get the desired results. Use these extremely simple home-based exercise routines to tone every muscle, burn excess fat and enhance your fitness. You will be amazed at the results, just give them a shot.Read how you can benefit from having a home gym to build your muscles!
Top Home-Based Workouts You Can Try
- Stand tall, spreading your feet wider than the width of your shoulders
- Keep both arms straight at about shoulder level in front of your body, so that your arms are parallel to the floor
- Maintain your torso as erect as possible for the complete movement, while keeping your lower back in a slightly arched position
- Bracing the abs, lower your body as far as possible by forcing the hips backwards and bending the knees
- Take a pause, and then return to the initial position
- Get yourself in a push-up position, and place your hands on a slightly raised surface, like an ottoman, a bench, box, or the steps of your stairs
- Align your body in a straight line from your head to the ankles
- Keep your body firm, and lower it until both your arms are below the level of your elbows
- Take a pause, and revert yourself to the original position as swiftly as you can
- Lying with your back on the ground, bend both your knees while keeping your feet flat on the ground.
- Position both arms out toward your sides so they form an angle of 45 degrees, and keep your palms in an upward direction.
- Now make your belly as flat as you can and hold that position. This will give you a tight core.
- Carry on breathing normally.
- This is your starting position. Maintaining this tight core, compress your glutes and gently lift your hips so that the body aligns in a straight line from the knees to the shoulders.
- Take a 5-second pause, while keeping your glutes compressed tightly the whole time.
- Now, lower your body and return to the initial position. Repeat 10 to 15 times.
- Lying on the right side of your body with the knees in an upright position, position the upper body on your right forearm and elbow, which will be below the right shoulder
- Now keep the left hand on the left hip
- Make your stomach as flat as you can and maintain this position
- This will give you an extremely tight core. Continue breathing in a normal way
- Then lift your hips until the body aligns in a straight line from the shoulders to the ankles
- With the core tight, maintain this stance for about 35 seconds
- Flip to the left side and repeat
This move targets the lower back musculature and the glutes and is done in 3 sets of 12 repetitions.
- To complete the exercise, simply lie face down on the ground
- Keep your hands by your sides as illustrated, or behind your head, as you would while crunching
- Crunch back (This exercise is pretty much a reverse crunch), contracting your lower back musculature and glutes
- Then get back to the original position, without completely resting your body on the ground
- Proceed to the next repetition
The Fitness Bible-Your Ultimate Guide To Bodybuilding And Diet:
Bodybuilding For Conditioning And Health
The Astonishing Bodybuilding, Diet and Fitness Secrets of the Fittest Bodybuilders in the World Revealed!