The properties and healing effects of raw sour cabbage are well-known. It is an excellent source of vitamin C, lactobacilli and many nutrients. Fermented cabbage is even considered to be much healthier than intake of raw vegetables.
Sour cabbage is also a source of various compounds that help the body fight cancer cells. Drinking cabbage juice is also recommended as a prevention of influenza, anemia, bronchitis, ulcers, also in gastrointestinal problems as well as breathing problems.
We cannot overlook its beneficial effects on a hangover, cabbage soup neutralizes the action of alcohol in the stomach, cleanses the liver and drives the hangover away.
Cabbage soup in the morning on an empty stomach 1-2 cups, diluted with water, cleanses the intestine and acts as an antioxidant.
The benefits of the cabbage soup are quite many:
- It increases the amount of antibodies, thus stimulating the immune system
- Creates antioxidants like glutathione, eliminating cell that predate the onset of cancer
- Converts lactose into n-digestible lactic acid
- Fights with infectious diseases
- Suppresses pathogenic organisms
- Neutralizes the antifouling substances found, for example, in soybeans.
- Generates new nutrients that improve digestion
- Treats gastrointestinal problems
- The best natural physiological environment for the stomach is the cabbage soup
- Cabbage soup is a traditional remedy for treating constipation
Fermented foods facilitate the absorption of proteins in the body.
Fermentation of cabbage increases nutritional values and especially vitamin C levels. Apart from everything listed here, sour cabbage has a smoothing effect on the nervous system and the benefits of its consumption are known for generations. It contains vitamin U, which helps in the treatment of ulcers.
In a few paragraphs we will briefly explain the benefits of sauerkraut:
Cabbage soup successfully cleanses the intestine, which is extremely useful in the prevention of colon cancer.
It works successfully in the absence of appetite, and the good thing is that it is very low in calorie and it incorporates many proteins.
Cabbage soup calms the nervous system, reduces the activity of the thyroid gland and acts favorably in insomnia and also cleanses the liver from toxins.
Sauerkraut increases immunity, so it’s better to be taken at least twice a week. It removes acids and improves stomach.
It is low calorie, but it satiates and is good for weight loss.
It strengthens hair and nails.
The bacteria of the lactic acid it contains activate the immune system and give resistance to the tumor cells and prevent intestinal enzymes to turn safe precancerogens into dangerous carcinogens.
However, if you are not used to acidic foods, it is recommended that you consume cabbage soup in small amounts, until the digestive system adapts. Otherwise, that may cause a bowel disorder.
A reaction can occur as a result of the death of harmful bacteria and microorganisms in the intestine, where toxins are released. In such a case, you may experience a malaise, headache and any other symptoms. The important thing here is to start again with small amounts of intake until the body is accustomed to the acidic food.
We also offer a recipe for you to cook sauerkraut, to satiate you, to be useful for your health and last but not least to take extra pounds with it.
- 1 cabbage
- 3 leeks
- 2 peppers
- 1 glass of tomato sauce
- 1 stalk of celery
- Salt, parsley, pepper to taste
- 1 vitamin C after boiling (optional)
The recipe for this soup is quite simple and straightforward.
- Cut the ingredients in small pieces.
- Add water and boil them for 10 minutes on high heat.
- If you like the hot flavor of the dishes you can also add curry.
This recipe has a moderate amount of protein with a high amount of carbohydrates. It is a very easy meal for the stomach, as most of the products are organic.
It is an appropriate pre/post-workout meal, or even dinner.
If you happen to try out this recipe and enjoyed it, let us know!